We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing marketing intern to join our Campus Dining Marketing Department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
- Monitoring and managing the company’s social media platforms, adjusting outreach tactics as needed. Specifically, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience preferred. Focusing on Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Aftereffects. Proficient in Power Point.
- Video editing skills a plus.
- Openness to learning new software programs.
- Help distribute marketing materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices.
The Sodexo Intern will perform and train in various responsibilities under their career concentration. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Assists maintenance workers, foodservice employees engaged in cleaning, maintaining, cooking or serving at facilities of commercial, health care, school, residence hall or other establishments.
- Assists in daily operations.
- Learns how to operate and maintain equipment on an as-needed basis.
- Performs day-to-day assignments.
- Maintains and observes department’s guidelines.
- May provides feedback on guidelines.
- May be assigned special projects.
- May assist in calculating recipes and preparing special formulas.
- May assist with the checking of patient trays and Feeding Program boxes.
- May update patient lists/labels on a daily basis.
- Attends weekly menu group and assists patients in filling out menus.
- Completes formula inventory as assigned.
- May be part of a formal Sodexo internship program. Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP/OSHA and/or local policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- In pursuit of a degree.
- No experience required.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Founded in Marseille in 1966 by Pierre Bellon, Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 64 countries, Sodexo serves 100 million consumers each day through its unique combination of On-site Services, Benefits and Rewards Services and Personal and Home Services. Through its more than 100 services, Sodexo provides clients an integrated offering developed over 50 years of
experience: from foodservices, reception, maintenance and cleaning, to facilities and equipment management; from services and programs fostering employees’ engagement to solutions that simplify and optimize their mobility and expenses management to in-home assistance, child care centers and concierge services. Sodexo’s success and performance are founded on its independence, its sustainable business model and its ability to continuously develop and engage its 420,000 employees throughout the world.