TITLE: Line Cook
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
The main function of the Little America Hotel Line Cook is to ensure that all food is prepared with the utmost quality, within all time limitations, and in a cost-effective manner.
The tasks that are essential to perform the functions of this position are:
· Chop, dice, blend, slice, or otherwise prepare assorted foods for cooking using a variety of powered and/or non-powered tools and kitchen instruments.
· Remove peels from fruits and vegetables to prepare them for cooking or other culinary use.
· Clean foods so that they are ready for further preparation.
· Work to maintain a clean and safe workplace.
3. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Ability to extend arm(s) in any direction.
· Ability to substantially press against something with a steady force in order to push forward, downward, or outward an to exert a considerable force in order to draw, drag, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion.
· Ability to raise substantial objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from position to position.
· Ability to apply considerable grasping-type pressure to an object.
· Ability to perceive the presence of certain substances, in various states, through the sense of smell.
· Ability to express and exchange ideas verbally.