In this position, you will:
- Provide STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics) learning opportunities for children, youth, and families living in Flagstaff and northern AZ;
- Create an inspiring and structured learning environment where students believe they can reach their full potential;
- Develop curriculum for workshops and classes in conjunction with the Executive Director;
- Build community and relationships within group and in one-on-one interactions;
- Support individual students through one-on-one mentoring;
- Maintain the facility for safety and constructive learning;
- Work in partnership with the Executive Director to prepare for presentations and meetings;
- Devise workshop and class schedules based on student interest and community need;
- Send thank you letters to donors in a timely fashion;
- Organize and maintain business databases and mailing lists;
- Manage and organize events, including event and grant calendars;
- Correspond with stakeholders, visitors, volunteers, and Junior Interns on behalf of Executive Director;
- Attend one-on-one meetings with the Executive Director; and
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred;
- Fingerprint clearance card;
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in an educational setting;
- Expertise with all Google applications;
- Ability to do moderate to heavy lifting; and
- Documented positive experiences while working with children, youth, and families.
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Interest in building rapport and developing relationships with children, youth, and families;
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents, volunteers, and community members;
- Commitment to learning, growing, and developing as a person and an educator;
- Commitment to becoming an active leader in the Tynkertopia community;
- Demonstrated initiative;
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude about the Tynkertopia mission;
- Discretion, confidentiality, and trustworthiness;
- Flexibility, adaptability, tact, and diplomacy;
- Ability to prioritize daily/weekly/monthly workload; and
- Willingness to learn various coding languages, virtual reality software, and 3D Printing software and hardware.
Why work for Tynkertopia?
Fun, friendly, and award-winning STEAM learning center. Our motto: “Think with Your Hands, Learn by Doing.” We recently won the 2022 Viola Award for Community Impact and the STEM Community Organization of the Year Award. Energetic, engaging, and well-educated Executive Director.
About Tynkertopia, Inc.
Tynkertopia, Inc. is a non-profit community center in Flagstaff, AZ focusing on creativity, inquiry, and STEAM knowledge and skills. Flagstaff is America’s First STEM Community, and Tynkertopia is Flagstaff’s STEAM Community Center. STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics + A for the Arts = STEAM