Provides quality and timely administrative support to the executive leadership team and others as needed. This position interacts in positive and professional manner with students, faculty, staff, and the public providing information and assistance on a regular basis. This is a full-time, 12-month, benefit-eligible position and may require occasional work hours outside of Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm for attendance at District Governing Board meetings and college events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Exemplifies the CCC Guiding Principles that guide the way we work and learn together at Coconino Community College through our commitment to:
- Put Students First
- Listen, Learn, and Collaborate
- Act and Respond with Integrity and Resilience
- Communicate with Honesty, Dignity, and Respect
- Demonstrate Exceptional Stewardship of Public Resources
- Continually Strive for Excellence as a Community of Learners
- Provide a Safe Environment that Reinforces Learning and Innovation
- Provides exceptional front-line customer service for students, community members, and employees.
- Personally responsible for creating a positive and welcoming experience for all individuals who interact with the executive leadership team.
- Works collaboratively with others.
- Acts as a notary public for college-related business.
Policy and Procedure
- Provides customer service and assists college staff members in the process of making changes to policies and procedures.
- Completes format checks for policy and procedure revisions and prepares these items for Executive Leadership Council review.
- Maintains the College’s policy and procedure website and documents policy and procedure changes.
- Prepares and monitors monthly procurement card statements for the executive leadership team and other staff members as needed.
- Assists with travel arrangements and travel documents in compliance with state travel rules and policies including the executive leadership team, Facilities, Security, Information Technology, and the Business Office.
- Monitors expenditures to the budget for PR, Marketing, and the Foundation (College budget).
- Facilitates facility and event scheduling process for the College.
- Primary contact for internal and external events at the College and provides high level of customer service to event planners.
- Communicates facility needs for events to Facilities, Security, and ITS as required.
- Assists all College staff members with scheduling meetings and locating rooms for conferences and meetings.
- Works with Academic Affairs to schedule classrooms as needed.
- Plans and coordinates events for the executive leadership team and Office of the President.
- Performs billing and invoicing for internal and external events.
Office Administration and Administrative Support
- Performs all administrative and office management functions, with a high level of quality and productivity, including, but not limited to, scheduling, report generation, presentation creation, and database work.
- Writes, prepares, proofreads, and completes forms, letters, meeting minutes, agendas, memos, and other related correspondence.
- Updates websites and SharePoint sites for the executive leadership team.
- Assesses Office of the President business processes and identifies opportunities for improvement, makes recommendations, and implements office automation initiatives.
- Assists with preparation of meeting materials, agendas, and minutes for Executive Leadership Council and the District Governing Board.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of standard office principles and practices.
- Knowledge and skill in Microsoft software programs, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher or similar.
- Skilled in creating positive interactions with diverse individuals.
- Skill in providing customer service.
- Skill in effective oral, written and interpersonal communication methods.
- Ability to track and understand accounting and budgeting principles.
- Experience in making travel arrangements and preparing travel itineraries.
- Skill in effective time management, organizational abilities, and managing projects to be successful in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to think critically and keep track of details.
- Ability to adjust work schedule to fit the needs of the organization.
- Ability to work in an environment focused upon student success, fun in the workplace and making a difference every day.
- Ability to become commissioned as a notary public.
- Bi-Lingual a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree and one year of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job and/or as approved by the Human Resources department.
Three to five years of progressively responsible administrative or events planning experience. Experience in public sector or other busy office environment. Experience in facilities scheduling and event coordination. Experience maintaining websites, managing databases, and/or working with Microsoft SharePoint.
About Coconino Community College
Preferred Qualifications Three to five years of progressively responsible administrative or events planning experience. Experience in public sector or other busy office environment. Experience in facilities scheduling and event coordination. Experience maintaining websites, managing databases, and/or working with Microsoft SharePoint.