NAU Finance Service team is in search of two (2) highly motivated and organized Financial Administration Specialist, Seniors to join their team . Financial Administration Specialists, Srs assist internal university service recipients by processing financial and finance-related transactions to ensure compliance with standard university procedures and guidelines.
This is a full time benefit eligible position. NAU is now offering generous New NAU Workplace benefits including possible hybrid work schedules, True Blue Fridays in the summer (4-10 work week) as well as health, dental, educational and retirement benefits.
Data and Case Management – 70%
- Utilizes the university’s digital workflow management system, the Employee Service Center (ServiceNow), to manage financial and finance-related transactional work assigned to them, including but not limited to: verification of appropriate case type, all required approvals have been received, compliance with policy and processes, funding information and all transaction specific information and forms are present and complete, communications between service recipient departments and the service team.
- Initiates and completes Travel Specialist functions for assigned travelers, including but not limited to booking travel – conference & event registration, coordinating transportation needs, lodging accommodations, etc.Initiates and/or maintains travel related forms and documentation for processing travel advances and reimbursements, etc.
- Prepares deposit processing documents for all types of tender.
Financial Processing – 20%
- Utilizes a university purchasing card to make purchases on behalf of service recipient departments, as well as being responsible for completing timely reconciliation of purchases made.
- Utilizes university financial systems to execute expense reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Completes expense reimbursement related forms on behalf of service recipients specific to Check Request forms.
- Initiates Zelle payments for non-employee service recipients, for both travel and non-travel related expenses.
- Posts, reverses, and tracks departmental non-tuition charges placed onto student financial accounts.
Training – 5%
- Assists in training internal employees, via job shadowing, on business processes and policies.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for assigned service recipient units seeking day-to-day financial administration support.
- Provides policy guidance and clarification to service recipient units as well as other service team members.
- Answers finance-related questions and escalates issues to department coordinators or leadership when appropriate.
Other duties as assigned – 5%
- High school degree or equivalent AND
- 1-3 years of accounting or financial clerical experience, OR
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training.
Salary range is $41,000. Annual salary commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and related experience.
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.