We have Intern/Practicum openings available at our Northern Crisis locations, Flagstaff, Prescott and Kingman.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. We engage people in whole person health through an integrated care delivery system, thus establishing a medical home for our patients. In caring for the whole person, we focus on overall wellness through physical health, mental health and substance use care. Our mission is to provide extraordinary care by empowered people through exceptional outcomes.
For the last 50 years, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
If you have a passion for community health and you’re seeking a place to do your clinical rotations, or a traditional Internship with one of the state’s leading healthcare organizations: We encourage you to apply to the Terros Health Student Program. As part of our commitment to the development of the next generation of Behavioral Healthcare providers we are actively looking for individuals currently enrolled in their Master’s Program with an emphasis in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling and other behavioral health specialties. Please answer all screening questions detailing your University/College, the program you are currently enrolled in, the semester with dates that you are seeking a learning opportunity for, and the required credentials of a qualified Supervisor/Preceptor and join us in our quest to inspire change for life
Recently awarded among Arizona’s Most Admired Companies in 2020 by AZ Big Media
Terros Health’s Northern Crisis Department is now accepting Students, who are enrolled in their masters program.
Prior experience working in Crisis a plus!
Locations: Flagstaff, Kingman and Prescott Valley, AZ
Operation hours: (Flexible) given that the Crisis department is 24/7.
Preferred At Least One Weekday Per Week.
Under the supervision of a qualified Terros Health professional; the student-intern will perform tasks related to their specific area of study and the Intern learning Contract. In a highly professional healthcare setting provided by Terros Health; the student will be given an opportunity to apply, and continue to learn by practical application the principals, theory, and knowledge from their related course work.
- Upon completion of the program, the student will have a strong understanding of the community behavioral health system, strong skills is crisis assessment (including suicide risk assessment) of all ages and presenting complaints, strong skills in crisis intervention with all ages and presenting complaints, increase skills in interacting and coordinating with community stakeholders including hospital staff, law enforcement, etc.
- the student intern is expected to keep copious notes detailing the areas of practice and study reinforced in this learning opportunity.
- Applicants will possess the following attributes, compassion, and the desire to serve others.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a supervised field instruction class
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills are highly desired.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Completion of the pre-student/Intern/Practicum onboarding process as determined solely at the discretion of Terros Health, which may include a criminal background check, and a pre-employment drug screen
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card (Level 1) within 7 working days of assuming role.
COVID 19 Precautions
Terros Health remains open for all our patients’ health and wellness needs. We have put in place many protocols to protect our employees and patients and to create a safe work environment. Visit our website to learn more: https://www.terroshealth.org/covid-19/
About Terros Health
Terros Health is a health care company focused on the whole person, providing primary care and specializing in mental health and substance use treatment for the last 50 years.
We help people live their lives in recovery and we save lives every day.
We are a health care organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For over 50 years, the heart of everything we do is Inspiring Change for Life.