The Marketing/Communications Intern position is a learning position to assist college students in gaining practical work experience through a paid internship in the marketing/communications field. The Intern will work within the Communications Department and will work on projects/tasks important to the marketing, public relations or overall communication needs of the organization. Work could involve websites, writing, proofreading, organization of data, data analysis, data entry, or audio/video related projects, among others.
Spirit of Inquiry* Works with department mentor to develop a measurable practice question based on industry best practices.
• Determines how to gather supporting internal and external evidence to inform practice question.
• Develops an understanding of current processes and workflows.Research Best Practices* Gathers internal and external evidence to answer practice question.
• Clearly cites information obtained.
• Develops clear and concise reports based on information gathered from approved resources.Data Management* Acquires data from disparate sources.
• Stores data efficiently.
• Ensures the protection of confidential and sensitive data.
• Performs data entry into company databases as needed.Findings Dissemination* Disseminates best practices supported by internal and external evidence to organizational stakeholders.
• Creates summary report of findings during internship to inform organization of best practice strategies.Compliance/Safety* Responsible for reporting any safety-related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety-related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
• Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employee’s area of responsibility.
• If required for the position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
• Completes all company mandatory modules and required job-specific training in the specified time frame.
EducationCurrently enrolled in college classes working towards a marketing or business-related degree with a GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale- Preferred
ExperienceMust be a quick learner and have the ability to work autonomously.
Healthcare is a rapidly changing environment and technology is integrated into almost all aspects of patient care. Computers and other electronic devices are utilized across the organization and throughout each department. Colleagues must have an understanding of computers, and competence in using computers and basic software programs, including Microsoft Office products
About Northern Arizona Healthcare
Northern Arizona Healthcare (NAH) is the largest healthcare organization in Northern and Central Arizona. With nearly 3,000 employees and 300 physicians on its active medical staff, NAH experiences more than 167,000 patient visits each year. As a not-for-profit healthcare system, NAH is governed by a volunteer board of directors.
NAH provides healthcare services through Flagstaff Medical Center, Verde Valley Medical Center (with campuses in Cottonwood and Sedona), Northern Arizona Homecare and Hospice, the Heart & Vascular Center of Northern Arizona, Cancer Centers of Northern Arizona Healthcare, Fit Kids of Arizona and Guardian Air. The organization includes a state-designated Level I Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and extensive cardiovascular surgical services including traditional and minimally invasive open heart surgery.
Our mission is to improve the health of the people and communities we serve in Northern and Central Arizona.
NAH is dedicated to providing the highest quality, most cost effective healthcare delivery system to the visitors and residents of Northern and Central Arizona. NAH encourages patients to be part of their own treatment through education and wellness programs. Physicians, employees and volunteers all work for a common goal, and the community benefits from NAH's organizational outreach that contributes to healthier lives for residents and visitors.
Visitors are encouraged to comment on our page — that’s part of why we’re here, to facilitate conversation about your health and the health resources available here in Northern Arizona Healthcare. We may not respond to every comment, particularly those that may impact patient confidentiality or privacy.
We expect a basic level of civility; disagreements are fine, but mutual respect is a must, and profanity or abusive language are out-of-bounds. We do not allow personal attacks, excessive posting or spam. Posts that are off-topic, solicitations, HR matters, or posts clearly promoting a commercial product generally won’t last long.
Please note this policy also applies to all of our other social media presences (our blogs, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, etc.).
Our social media platforms are to be used for informational purposes only. What you read is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you have about a medical condition.
We reserve the right to make adjustments to this policy as needed, but hopefully we won’t need to intervene too much. That’s decidedly not the point of social media — right?
We reserve the right to remove posts advertising commercial products, as well as those that violate Facebook's terms of service, or are inaccurate or otherwise objectionable
Relevant comments or "like" votes on previously published posts are always welcome.
For current patients:
Your comfort, safety and satisfaction are important to us. We encourage you to speak to the nurse in charge of your unit about any concerns you may have about your room, food, or the care you are receiving.