POSITION DESCRIPTION: Sales Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Gift Shop
REPORTS TO: Gift Shop Manager
The main function of the Little America Hotel Gift Shop Clerk is to provide professional and knowledgeable customer service to all Gift Shop patrons.
The tasks that are essential to perform the functions of this position are:
· Assist customers by offering information about merchandise, and be prepared to answer questions about the Hotel and the community.
· Acquire as much information as possible about all aspects of the shop’s products, hotel services, and features of the community.
· Using the utmost in customer service skills and up-selling techniques, aggressively and professionally seek sales.
· Accurately complete any sales transactions by “ringing” the sale into the cash register, in strict accordance with Hotel Gift Shop procedures, and verbally count change correctly back to the customer.
· Maintain adequate supplies and displays of merchandise for sale.
· Be alert for shoplifters.
· Promptly communicate any problems to the appropriate supervisor.
· Maintain cleanliness of Gift Shop by vacuuming, dusting, and wiping displays and fixtures as needed, using a vacuum cleaner, dust rags, feather dusters, and glass and other cleaners.
· Other duties as assigned.
3. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Ability to ascend or descend rung ladder safely and with agility, and maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling from precarious situations.
· Ability to extend arm(s) in any direction.
· Ability to raise substantial object from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from position to position.
· Ability to express and exchange ideas verbally.