TITLE: Banquet Server
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Banquet Manager/
The main function of the Little America Hotel Banquet Server is to serve and attend to guests using hotel meeting and banquet facilities.
The tasks that are essential to perform the functions of this position are:
· In preparation for an event requiring food service, clean, polish and sort silverware; fold napkins; clean and fill salt and pepper dispensers; clean and fill cream and sugar dispensers.
· Assist Banquet Set-up personnel as needed to set-up and cover tables.
· Set tables with china, glassware and accessories as directed.
· Present and remove food dishes as directed.
§ Provide guests with their desired beverage, and keep beverages replenished.
§ Attend to other needs of the guests as able.
· At conclusion of the event, remove all remaining dishes, table linens and other items, and generally clean banquet area in preparation for subsequent events.
· Other duties as assigned.
3. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Ability to extend arm(s) in any direction.
· Ability to support oneself in an erect and/or completely upright position for a prolonged period of time.
· Ability to substantially press against something with a steady force in order to push forward, downward, or outward, and to exert a considerable force in order to draw, drag, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion.
· Ability to raise substantial objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from position to position.
· Ability to manipulate small objects precisely by whatever means, and to apply considerable grasping-type pressure to an object.
· Ability to express and exchange ideas verbally.
· Ability to be subject to substantial repetitive motions of the body or its parts.