Flagstaff Dentistry 4 Kids
• Do you have an outgoing a friendly personality?
• Can you confidently communicate in a professional setting?
• Do you enjoy planning and organization, and find yourself striving for accuracy in all you do?
• Do you consider yourself and team player that take initiative?
• Are you comfortable handing and protecting confidential information?
• Do you speak both English and Spanish efficiently?
If you answered yes to these questions, we would love to speak with you!
Flagstaff Dentistry 4 Kids Front Office Receptionist is the patients first point of contact in the office. The receptionist works with the dentists and assistants to ensure that scheduling proceeds in an effective manner. The receptionist directs arriving patients to waiting areas and updates them on any expected waiting times. The receptionist also processes records and information filled out by patients and enters these into a computer database. The receptionist also works to verify all insurance eligibility as presented by patients who are to be seen by the dentists. A receptionist must be organized and have strong phone and computer skills.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions
• Greet patients
• Register new patients according to established office protocols
• Assist patients to complete all necessary forms and documentation and update patient information in data system in compliance with privacy and security regulations
• Inform patients of dental office procedures and policy
• Answer and manage incoming calls, including: respond and comply to requests for information, schedule patient appointments as needed, confirm upcoming appointments and recalls according to office protocol
• Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail
• Monitor and maintain dental office supplies
• Update patient education materials and maintain a professional reception area
• Safeguard patient privacy and confidentiality
• Communication skills
• Planning and organizing
• Team work
• Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Experience: 2+ years in a pediatric dental office setting preferred
• Certifications: NA
• Computer Skills: Computer Literate
• Language Ability: Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to remain calm during stressful customer or employee situations. Bilingual preferred but not required
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
The work environment includes work within a dental clinic and remote work in an office environment. The work environment may vary significantly and may include loud, fast-paced, and rapidly changing conditions. All employees working within a dental clinic have potential exposure to blood or air borne pathogens, as is typical in a healthcare setting. Position may require long periods of sitting and standing. Manual dexterity will be required for handling small objects. Close and distance vision will be required and the ability to shift focus rapidly. Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with patients, their parents, and staff.? Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds and be able to twist, turn, bend and stoop.
I understand that the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
I understand that should I need a reasonable accommodation in order to perform the duties of my job, it is my responsibility to discuss with my supervisor or Human Resources as necessary