If you are looking to make a personal impact upon the greater Flagstaff community and thoroughly enjoy what you do, this position is for you!
The Greater Flagstaff Chamber of Commerce is the largest rural Arizona Chamber of Commerce and we serve nearly 900 member businesses, organizations and nonprofits. Our mission is to help local businesses & nonprofits to be successful and expand their offerings. We champion the advancement of a strong business climate and vibrant economy by advocating for business and serving as a catalyst for community and economic development in the region. This role reports to the President and CEO; is a full-time 40 hours per week and eligible for paid holidays and 10 days of paid time off.
We are currently hiring for a highly skilled and passionate Executive Assistant to be the critical project coordinator for the Chamber President and CEO as well as the office as a whole. Below are the core competencies and functions of this vital role including the expectations of previous skills and experience for this position.
- Thrives in a fast paced office environment that provides workload variety on a daily basis.
- Previous successful experience as a personal assistant, executive assistant, or similar administrative function. Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Key skills must include: calendar scheduling, executive notes, office systems, strong verbal and digital communications, meeting management, along with travel and event planning.
- Superior communication skills will include but not be limited to, building positive relations with customers / members, prospective members, co-workers and the community. Experience in writing communications and ensuring clear communication streams between members, staff, stakeholders, elected officials and the President. Must be comfortable with positive and spur of-the-moment communication with the public and business leaders as well as local, state and federal officials.
- Executive functions include supporting the Governing Board and assigned committees for the Office of the President. Which are Education, Full Board, Northern AZ Manufacturer Partnership, STEM Camps, Scheduling weekly radio appearances with members and some events.
- Confidentiality and Professionalism: Is able to maintain confidence with sensitive information and acts professionally during all interactions.
- Positive customer service experience. A minimum of 1 year customer service or related experience.
- Experience in writing and creating content.
- Technology skills should include: Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), PDF and contributing to virtual platforms.
- Able to multitask when situations arise on a daily basis and accept last minute changes to schedules and priorities.
Description: Executive Assistant/Projects Coordinator
- Maintains executive’s daily calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, zoom sessions, teleconferences, and travel. Communicates daily the schedule to the President and ensures all commitments are met. Anticipates the needs of the president where possible and helps to ensure their timely arrival and departure for events.
- Responsible for supporting a positive and professional workplace environment. Welcomes guests and members professionally by greeting them in person, on the phone, or via electronic media answering or directing inquiries through the front office and the Office of the President.
- Maintains customer confidence through informative, positive, appropriate and timely communications. Ensures follow-through with inquiries and keeps the Chamber President and CEO current on a daily basis.
- Prepares reports, correspondence, meeting minutes, and various communiqués as assigned by collecting and analyzing information and provides quality outcomes in a timely manner or upon request.
- Secures information security by completing database and documentation backup while also ensuring confidentiality of private chamber information or other confidential information exposed to this role.
- Conserves executives time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; initiating telecommunications, suggesting communication strategies.
- Acts professionally and optimistic during all interactions.
- Responsible for contributing content for chamber publications and newsletters.
- Schedules and attends chamber meetings.
- Is responsible for the schedule and preparation of committees/projects assigned to Executive Assistant.
- Must be capable of operating office equipment, using Google Docs and/or Microsoft office systems, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Personally support chamber community events through set up and take down of even infrastructure as well as event attendance.
- Will provide admin support to other Chamber roles as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
- This role is responsible for admin support during the normal operation of the chamber Monday- Friday 8-5. This salaried position pays between $41,000 and $43,000 depending upon experience. Vacation and sick time; the Greater Flagstaff Chamber is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your resume of experience and a cover letter to email@example.com.
About Greater Flagstaff Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Flagstaff Chamber of Commerce is a private, non-profit, member business organization financed by its members.
Our front lobby is temporarily closed due to COVID-19. Please call us for local business information and to be redirected as needed.