Immediate Opening: Administrative Assistant to the Tynkertopia CEOTynkertopia, Inc. is an award-winning nonprofit community learning center in Flagstaff, AZ focusing on creativity, inquiry, and STEAM knowledge and skills.
STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics + A for the Arts = STEAM
|Position Title||Administrative Assistant to the Tynkertopia CEO|
|Supervisor||Dr. Alice Christie, Tynkertopia CEO|
|Location||3330 E Elder Drive, Flagstaff, AZ 86004|
|Date Posted||May 15, 2023|
|Closing Date||Open Until Filled|
|Salary||$19 – $21 per hour|
|Status||Part Time Position (15 – 20 hours per week) with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position|
Candidates should submit the following to email@example.com:
- Letter of Interest
- Vita or Résumé
- Names and Contact Information of Three References
The person in this position will work in partnership with the Tynkertopia CEO to assure the efficient performance of jobs related to the business of operating Tynkertopia, a nonprofit corporation. The successful candidate will work with our energetic, engaging, and well-educated CEO, our great staff, and a cadre of dedicated volunteers.
- Communicate and collaborate systematically with the CEO;
- Provide administrative support, as specified below, to ensure efficient operation of the Tynkertopia office;
- Exhibit courteous and professional communication via phone, e-mail, mail, and face-to-face interactions;
- Draft letters, emails, reports, spreadsheets, and other documents to assist the Tynkertopia CEO;
- Organize files and keep records related to the Tynkertopia office;
- Support the Tynkertopia team through strong leadership, organization and by providing constructive criticism and clear communication;
- Research and address the best ways to handle specific daily and ongoing tasks of the Tynkertopia CEO;
- Organize and prioritize daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly tasks in a shared calendar;
- Be proficient in a variety of writing styles including creative, professional, technical, and educational;
- Assist in the preparation of grant proposals and final reports to granting agencies;
- Compile data, statistics, and other information for reports to granting agencies and the Tynkertopia Board of Directors;
- Maintain and update contact lists of visitors, junior interns, volunteers, sustaining supporters, granting sponsors, community partners, and donors;
- Maintain an active and relevant social media presence for Tynkertopia;
- Assist the CEO with updates and revisions to the Tynkertopia website;
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars;
- Maintain attendance records and create charts to summarize attendance data;
- Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings;
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence;
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical;
- Have proficiency in Google Workspace and Microsoft Office;
- Maintain a supply inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing, and expediting orders for supplies;
- Record minutes of meetings and distribute them; and
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Associate degree – bachelor’s degree preferred – in an area that prepares for the duties listed above;
- Fingerprint clearance card; and
- Previous experience supporting administrators.
About Tynkertopia, Inc.
Tynkertopia, Inc. is an award-winning nonprofit community learning center in Flagstaff, AZ focusing on creativity, inquiry, and STEAM knowledge and skills.