Manages the Financial Aid Communications program and serves as a financial aid advisor. Frequently reviews, edits and prepares communication material as needed for the department. Confers with subject matter experts to create and deliver communications in a timely manner. Maintains the department’s social media platforms and updates website. Assists the Manager, Client Services in the front counter operations as needed.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary contact for students and parents, providing in-depth interpretation of, counseling on, and resolution of problems with financial aid packages.
- Counsels and guides students and parents about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, debt management, repayment options, as well as terms and conditions for private, state, and federal financial aid programs. Assists with the completion and submission of financial aid documents, as needed.
- Analyzes a variety of factors (financial data, family circumstances, social background, academic status, educational goals) and applies knowledge of federal/state, donor and/or institutional guidelines to determine students’ eligibility for various types of financial aid.
- Determines amount of funds to award and make awards within federal/state, donor and/or institutional guidelines. Ensures the completion of applicable required documentation.
- Reviews and evaluates information provided in student appeals for adjustment or exception to financial aid awards and decides validity of appeals.
- Exercises professional judgment to authorize changes in financial aid award.
- Gathers various data to verify continued compliance and eligibility to receive aid under federal and institutional guidelines; notifies students of changes in eligibility of awards and alternatives to amend the situation.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of relevant experience; or,
- An equivalent combination of related education, experience, and training.
The budgeted salary amount is $38,000.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Applications received by October 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled