POSITION DESCRIPTION: Shift Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Travel Center
REPORTS TO: Travel Center Manager
The main functions of the Shift Supervisor at the Travel Center are to oversee all aspects of the efficient operation of the fuel center store and deli and to supervise the activities of the center’s employees.
The tasks that are essential to perform the functions of this position are:
· Supervise the activities of travel center personnel:
§ Assist TC Manager with appropriate training, and monitor the effectiveness of that training to these personnel.
§ Praise, discipline, and counsel as appropriate.
· Perform the essential job functions of all positions at the Travel Center as needed.
· Ensure proper function and maintenance of all fuel dispensing equipment and facilities.
· Ensuring that the appearance and the cleanliness of the Travel Center is properly maintained
· Assist with annual and other inventories.
· Other duties as assigned.
3. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
· Ability to ascend or descend rung ladders, scaffolding, and the like safely and with agility; to work safely in elevated places; and to maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling from precarious situations.
· Ability to move body to floor level and move about.
· Ability to extend arm(s) in any direction.
· Ability to support oneself in an erect and/or completely upright position for a prolonged period of time.
· Ability to substantially press against something with a steady force in order to push forward, downward, or outward, to exert a considerable force in order to draw, drag, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion.
· Ability to raise substantial objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from position to position.
· Ability to manipulate small objects precisely by whatever means, and to apply considerable grasping-type pressure to an object.
· Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally.
Full time employees receive great benefits
80 hours vacation after 1 year of employment
Prorated personal holiday time up to 48 hours after 60 days
40 hours of sick leave after 60 days
Medical, Vision and dental insurance