ATTORNEY GENERAL (DEPT OF LAW)
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
Address: 1701 N. 4th St Flagstaff, AZ
Salary: $23,191 – $27,156
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Arizona Attorney General’s Office Child and Family Protection Division/Child Support Services Section is seeking an Office Assistant to provide entry-level support to all levels of staff in the Unit.
This entry-level position will be responsible for handling incoming calls, filing and organizing records, creating file folders and labels, locating and retrieving requested files, entering data into the case management system, processing USPS and electronic mail, researching returned mail, scanning, requesting documents from court personnel and records department, performing general office clerk duties, and other duties as assigned by management. Duties involve reviewing, creating, and processing materials and information that are confidential by federal and state laws.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Experience operating multi-line phone systems
• Strong customer service skills
• Effective organization and time-management skills
• Demonstrate clear communication orally and in writing
• Ability to work with interruptions and adapt to changing priorities
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy
• Ability to follow policies and confidentiality requirements
• Ability to accurately input documentation into case management system
• Ability to interact positively with client, public and co-workers
• All applicants under serious consideration for hire with the Attorney General’s Office are required to be fingerprinted by the Office and complete a criminal background check through State and Federal agencies. A job offer cannot be tendered until the candidate has successfully passed the initial background check. Your record does not automatically constitute a bar to employment. Factors such as, but not limited to, age at time of offense and age of offense, as well as the relationship between the offense and the job for which you apply will be taken into account.
The Attorney General’s Office offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
• Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Human Resources at (602) 542-8056 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting the AG’s Human Resources Office at (602) 542-8056 or via e-mail at HumanResources@azag.gov. The Arizona Office of the Attorney General does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age in its programs, activities or in its hiring and employment practices. The following division has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Operations Division, 2005 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85004, Phone: (602) 542-8056, Fax: (602) 542-8000