The Guidance Center
The RN provides care and safety, performs assessments, creates treatment plans and collaborates with the treatment team to provide services in accordance with the needs of individuals with a wide range of psychiatric and/or substance abuse diagnoses in both the Psychiatric Acute Care Unit (PAC) and the Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU). This is an overnight position from 7pm-7am.
• Work as a positive team member to provide collaborative care for consumer.
• Provides customer service to all individuals associated with consumer care, both internal and external.
• Provides care for the consumers and ensures safety of consumers.
• Monitors unit(s) daily for compliance of safety issues and infection control.
• Responds to psychiatric codes and intervenes pro-actively using de-escalation techniques (training provided by TGC) including the least restrictive interventions appropriate for the situation.
• Ensure that all rules and regulations for both patients and staff are adhered to.
• Create and update Treatment Plan to ensure it is current and consumer goals and needs are being met.
• Conduct lab draws and glucose monitoring.
• Conduct safe medication administration.
• Maintain HIPPA compliance at all times.
• Facilitate group sessions with consumers focusing on topics such as nutrition, medication management, etc.
• Daily Monitoring and electronic documenting of consumer safety, behaviors and progress.
• Perform admission assessments upon intake.
• Perform periodic assessments.
• Ensure Behavioral Health Specialists (BHSs) are meeting shift requirements.
• Complete all agency training according to agency time frame and standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must possess a valid Registered Nurse license for the State of Arizona (compact license eligible), without restrictions
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Must possess or have the ability to obtain BLS, First Aid and Therapeutic Options Certification within 30 days of hire
• Must complete Seclusion and Restraint Training within 30 days of hire
• Must possess or have the ability to obtain an Arizona Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
• Must have strong computer skills
• Must be able to successfully work in high stress environment
• Must be able to respond in a professional manner to crisis situations
• Must work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometime conflicting deadlines.
• Must demonstrate professional and cooperative behavior with all colleagues and supervisors.
• Must demonstrate a basic knowledge of medications including indications and contraindications for most commonly encountered anti-psychotics, anti-depressants, sedatives, mood stabilizers, stimulants, and anti-Parkinson medications.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
• At least one year of experience working in an acute care setting or two years of experience in a psychiatric healthcare setting
TGC will provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions.
The physical demands of this position warrant: Medium Work; Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.